Datadog Launches Cloud Security Platform to Provide Security Teams with Unprecedented Observability Capabilities
In recent years, security attacks have increasingly focused on the application level, prompting DevOps and Security teams to work more closely together to "shift left" and infuse security into the full software development life cycle. Traditionally, this has been difficult because of siloed tools and processes, which has been further exacerbated as organizations move to the cloud and security teams are left with even less visibility.
"As organizations embark on their digital transformation journey, unifying once disparate security, compliance and engineering practices has become a key requirement to deliver best-in-class customer experiences," said
"With Lemonade's growth, cloud security has become a primary focus," said
Forrester's State of Application Security report notes that "Applications remain a top cause of external breaches, and the prevalence of open source, API, and containers only adds complexity to the security team. Happily, organizations have started to recognize the importance of application security and are embedding security more tightly into the development phase."1
The Datadog Cloud Security Platform includes:
- Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) makes it easy to track whether your production environment complies with industry standards, such as PCI DSS, SOC 2 and HIPAA, and catches misconfigurations that leave your organization vulnerable to potential attacks.
- Cloud Workload Security (CWS) detects threats to your production workloads by monitoring file and process activity across your environments to help catch host and infrastructure-based attacks.
- Security Monitoring identifies threats to your cloud environments by analyzing operational and security logs. As an easy-to-use cloud-native SIEM, Security Monitoring provides out-of-the-box security integrations and threat detection rules that are easy to extend and customize.
- Application Security, currently in beta, provides protection against application-level threats by identifying and blocking attacks that target code-level vulnerabilities, such as SQL injections and cross-site scripting (XSS) exploits.
- Unified Observability and Security Reporting allows seamless pivots between DevOps telemetry and security insights. This unified experience enables Security teams to understand the operational and business impact of security incidents, and DevOps teams to see security signals alongside the metrics, traces and logs of their services.
For more information and to get started with the Datadog Cloud Security Platform, please visit https://www.datadoghq.com/product/security-platform/.
1 Forrester, The State of Application Security 2021,
This press release may include certain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, or the Securities Act, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These forward-looking statements reflect our current views about our plans, intentions, expectations, strategies and prospects, which are based on the information currently available to us and on assumptions we have made. Actual results may differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements and are subject to a variety of assumptions, uncertainties, risks and factors that are beyond our control, including those risks detailed under the caption "Risk Factors" and elsewhere in our
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/datadog-launches-cloud-security-platform-to-provide-security-teams-with-unprecedented-observability-capabilities-301348714.html