Datadog Launches Observability Pipelines To Help Organizations Collect, Manage and Route Observability Data
The new product enables more precise cost control, reduces technology lock-in and improves compliance and standardization of data quality to support organizations in scaling their observability practices
Organizations today are tasked with managing many applications, which are powered by hundreds of services and result in the creation of trillions of logs, metrics and traces per month. The vast amount of data involved and the resulting complexity at both the application and organization levels can lead to reliability issues, technology lock-in, security risks and runaway costs.
Datadog Observability Pipelines provides customers with a unified view to control and monitor the flow of all their infrastructure and application metrics, logs and traces. Users can now seamlessly collect, enrich, transform, sanitize and route observability data from any source to any destination—before data leaves their environment. This unified view gives enterprises enhanced visibility into how much they are spending and where, what tools they are leveraging and who has access to what data. This enables them to more precisely manage costs, reduce technology lock-in, improve compliance and standardization of data quality and ultimately scale their observability practices.
"We want to empower our teams to use all of our systems and tools while staying within budget. Observability Pipelines gives us flexibility over how our data is processed and where it ends up, so our teams are taking action on the right information as we continue to scale," said Andreas Kasprzok, Observability Tech Lead at Blockfi.
"As the amount of telemetry continues to grow at an organization, teams are often completely overwhelmed—if they're not blind to—the runaway costs, reliability and compliance risks that come from a lack of visibility into infrastructure and application data," said
Datadog Observability Pipelines helps IT and security teams in their goals to affordably manage and scale observability with complete flexibility and control over how their logs, metrics and traces are collected, transformed and routed. This helps organizations:
- Control Costs: Aggregate, filter and route all observability data based on use case without compromising visibility
- Simplify Migrations and Reduce Lock-In: Orchestrate and monitor data processing from any source to any destination in one unified view
- Protect Sensitive Data: Filter, redact and monitor sensitive data before it leaves your network in order to better meet compliance requirements
- Enforce Data Quality: Standardize the format of logs, metrics and traces to improve observability across teams
- Scale with Confidence: Scale seamlessly with a product powered by Vector, a vendor-agnostic, open source project and engaged community with millions of monthly downloads that is deployed in production by enterprises processing petabytes of data every month
- Easily Collect and Route Data: Observability Pipelines comes with more than 80 out-of-the-box integrations so organizations can quickly and easily collect and route data to any of the tools their teams already use, without disrupting existing workflows
Datadog Observability Pipelines is generally available now. For more information, please visit: https://www.datadoghq.com/product/observability-pipelines/
This press release may include certain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, or the Securities Act, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended including statements on the benefits of new products and features. These forward-looking statements reflect our current views about our plans, intentions, expectations, strategies and prospects, which are based on the information currently available to us and on assumptions we have made. Actual results may differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements and are subject to a variety of assumptions, uncertainties, risks and factors that are beyond our control, including those risks detailed under the caption "Risk Factors" and elsewhere in our
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/datadog-launches-observability-pipelines-to-help-organizations-collect-manage-and-route-observability-data-301569893.html